Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother’s Day

What a lovely day we had here.  Michael was sweet to get up with Libby on Sunday morning after she very sweetly, slept in a bit!  He hopped up, got her fed, bathed, dressed and brought her back to bed to snuggle with us before her morning nap.  What a sweet doll she is!  

After Michael put her up for her nap, and while I snuggleLibby at Four Months 004d with Commissioner in bed for awhile, Michael fixed a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, juice, fresh fruit and scrambled eggs!  Oh- and coffee, which he now knows how to make to my liking!  (Michael is not a coffee-drinker and so never learned how to make it until recently.) 

We went to church where everyone continues to “ooh and ahh” over Libby and tell us how much she looks like her daddy, and I got three pretty reddish-pink roses for being the “newest mother” in attendance.  The other “winners” were “mother with the most children” – 5 (hey, we’re Lutheran, not Catholic), and “grandmother with the most grandchildren” – winner had seven with an eighth on the way.  Compared to these ladies, I didn’t feel I had really earned my reward – but I gladly accepted and the flowers are in a bud vase on our kitchen table as I type. 

Libby at Four Months 007

I also received SWEET cards from Libby, Commissioner and Michael (along with some from other family members and friends), a pretty frame from Libby that reads, “There’s no one like mom” with a photo of her sleeping on my chest.  Then from Michael I got a neat gift, too!  He got me a “gourmet pasta” gift certificate where a pasta, sauce and “gourmet side” are delivered to our house once a month for the next several months with a promise from Michael to also prepare said dinner.

We also had our mom’s over to visit and they pretty much stole my baby for the rest of the day!  (Ha!)  The guys grilled us filet mignon, Mrs. Gordon brought a delicious and so-fresh strawberry spinach salad and I made mashed potatoes with a gorgonzola cream sauce to go on them and the steaks if the diners so chose to eat it.  We also had a frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie that I made for dessert – but wasn’t all that margarita-y.  It was quite good though!  And the dad’s washed the dishes and dried them and generally cleaned up! 

Libby made her grandmother’s a special present, too.  She wanted to do something a little special, so she asked her resistant, “non-arts-and-craftsy” mommy to help her with a special project for them.  I have to say for a four-month-old and me (along with help from daddy!), I don’t think we did too bad for our first attempt.

Libby Footprint Box

And yes, I love Miss Baby and tell her often, but just in case, sometimes I have to sing her, “Have I Told You Lately?”

2 comments:

  1. It was a lovely Mother's Day..thank you for making it so special for us (me and Linda) too! From the Mother's Day Tribute Blog, to the lovely dinner, to the gifts and sharing sweet Libby with us on your first Mother's Day..I once again am reminded how truely blessed I am...I love you sweetie..more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly was one of the best Mother's Days that I've ever had. It was so wonderful to be able to share it with everyone, especially our babies....as they always will be. And Libby was a sweet, sweet baby doll. Love you all.
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete