Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crazy Baby

Elizabeth!  Sometimes, (okay, often), we call her "crazy baby."  She continues to surprise and amaze us with her advancements.  She is completely interested in everything she shouldn't be, like the wine cart, the flower pot, the dishwasher, the toilet and unravelling toilet paper on the roll, opening drawers and pulling stuff out... and she always on the move, and so fast!!!  So we have crazy baby and wild dog!



She has several firsts this week.  Yesterday, September 14, Libby gave me what I'm counting as her first real kiss.  It wasn't the nose bite or face bite/suck that she has been using to love on someone, but an open-mouth, lips puckered, smack-suck right on my cheek!  Michael and I were putting her to bed (early since she has been having some napping issues recently), and as I was kissing her goodnight to let Michael do the final touches of bedtime, she leaned right forward and gave me a kiss.  It was the sweetest thing yet!

I know you'll be shocked when you hear this, but... I cried.

I got over it before coming downstairs to our visiting friend, Tyler, who spent a couple of nights with us as his family moves to Atlanta!!!  Libby can't wait until Ty moves here in two weeks!  Another friend to play with more regularly (we hope).



The other new thing is that she's been practicing her waving randomly and worked on it at the grocery store today, but tonight we had a waving session just before bed.  She waved AT me, so I waved back.  She then waved back; then I waved.  This went on several times, so I think she's really getting it now.  I'm counting today as her first wave.

As for the nap issues, we've had some fun times the last week or so.  Starting last Thursday, in honor of her eight month birthday, Libby decided to be quite pleasant all day, but not to nap for more than 1 hour total for the whole day.  She kept at that schedule through Saturday (but was slightly less pleasant by late in the day on Saturday).  On Sunday, we took action and were back on track both Sunday and Monday.  Tuesday, the bad naps started again.  I think her top front two teeth are getting started and I can feel a ver slight ridge on one of them, but no whites yet.  Today was a little better.  We'll see what tomorrow holds!

I can't believe that she's eight months old.

2 comments:

  1. what cute pictures of our "crazy baby"..
    and I can't wait to get my 1st wave and I hope a kiss too!
    Love Marmena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie--I love that we can catch up through our blogging. I am right there with you on the craziness. I could line all of Loulie's toys up and a knife and she would go straight for the knife. It is man on man defense all day. But I am loving it as I know you are. Libby is one precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete