And I have to say, I'm enjoying the baby feel. She's just been a bit more needy, and thanks to my new-found realization that this time is passing so quickly, I have held her longer after she falls asleep on me for naps and not really wanted to put her down. I do, but it takes a lot for me to give her up. Once upon a time, not long ago, I was so worried about her NOT falling asleep on me so hat it wouldn't start bad habits, and worrying so much about getting other things done around the house, I would rock her, put her down, and practically run from the room to get things done. I don't know if I just have different priorities, am more patient and understanding with myself or just realizing how quickly the time is passing, but now I hate to have to let her go. She is my little angel here on Earth and I just adore her.
![]() |
| (This one is from a professional photo shoot at five months). |
Libby also still loves the clock on the mantel. When it starts chiming, she whips her head up or around to face it and starts talking to it. I scoop her up, bring her to it and count out the hour. She is amazed.
She's up to three meals a day that are "solid" for at least a portion of it and is doing better and better with eating that way. It's much less messy than it used to be, but she's still fairly easily distracted. Moms of boys- do your boys get distracted or is this a girl thing? Or a Libby thing? Just curious - share your thoughts! Her third meal is now part plain yogurt and I just mix some baby food fruit into it. She's definitely a fan! Next up? Egg yolks!
And she loves being outside! I can't wait for the nice weather this weekend, some football and playing with Miss Libby outside a little more.


Sweet Miss B! You are going to turn around and have a full-blown toddler. Soak it up!
ReplyDeleteTwo things 1)I've always though ML was the most distracted eater. We are less successful in our meals when there are people or entertainment in the room other than mom and dad. I used to think she would eventually get used to it and eat anyway, and I've since determined that if she's hungry enough, she'll eat :) 2)I am a numbers person (I'm sure Michael gets that...the accountant thing) and I used to put such a stress on the quantity issue. How much formula, milk, food, etc., etc. Our doctor finally said to stop stressing. They don't need as much whole milk as they did formula (I know you aren't there yet, but you will be) and they WILL eat when they get hungry. You can't stress about the "what" they're eating either. Make sure you offer the healthy stuff along with a little of the unhealthy and that's all you can do. Hearing that gave me a peace,so maybe it will give you one too! Enjoy your time with sweet little Miss Baby!
Ryan is a moving target while you are trying to feed him. It is a big mess, especially if he turns his head or throws his hands up when trying to get the food to his mouth! I thought seriously that Ryan was the only distracted eater, but apparently it seems to be a thing with all babies!
ReplyDeleteLately, he is on a food strike and does not want any baby food. He prefers to eat table food, so we are testing those waters. I am just not sure what to feed him. I want to make sure that he gets all the nutrients that he needs. I guess I will call his doctor or look at a reference guide!
Would love to see Libby soon!