Her new schedule (two naps a day) seems to be going well for everyone. It's much easier be able to count on an hour or an hour and a half nap at each session. The rest of the day, she is busy!
On Friday, I took my laptop to work, so Marmena did not have access to the internet. Thank goodness I was at my desk when she called and calmly asked me if I could look something up for her: what to do about a bee sting for a baby. Apparently, since we've had the windows and doors open a lot lately, a bee got in the house. It was just about dead, I guess, since it was hanging out on the floor of the kitchen and slow enough that Libby could grab it. STING! Crying. Sadness. Swelling. Marmena gave her some acetaminophen and was checking to see if there was anything else to do. Considering Libby was stung on the tip of her thumb, the "baking soda and water paste" suggested that you're supposed to leave on until it dries, was not an option.
The good news is that I don't have to worry about her being allergic to them and worry about the first time that it happens. She babied her thumb the rest of the day, but apparently got over it pretty quickly and the swelling subsided, too. I resisted the urge to run home at lunchtime to check on her. (Aren't you proud?!)
We've really been enjoying the great weather we've had lately with walks and trips to the neighborhood playground (her sweet grandmothers have taken her there, too). She really enjoys the swing and sliding down the slide (with assistance).
She's also very interested in what we're doing in the kitchen if it's up high on the countertops, so she often sits in her highchair to watch us now. She's talking a lot and giving lots of kisses, too! She's also getting better and better at her wave.
We had a number of visitors this week, too. Our friend, Anne, came over to see Miss B (Bee?!) on Wednesday for a little while, we got to visit Nadine on Tuesday and see her new home, and she got to meet her grand aunt Patti and great uncle Jerre today! They came to visit Michael's grandfather all the way from Ohio, so they came over today for a little while with Betty Anne. I had to run about five minutes after they arrived to make a golf date with my uncle, but I hear it was a great visit!
Yesterday while Marmena and Granddaddy watched Libby, Michael and I went to the UGA vs. Vanderbilt game in Athens. We torture ourselves with this game each year and it's a special tradition. We had a good time going to Athens with our friends, Sheridan and Jim, and saw other friends once we arrived. We even taught Jim and Sheridan our little parking trick. We got our last sunburns of the year sitting in the upper deck with not a cloud in the sky, and we saw the "collar ceremony" for the new UGA, formerly "Big Bad Bruce," now "UGA VIII." What a neat thing! And Michael was interviewed for some student publication since he was a Vanderbilt fan.
| Paying homage to the Demosthenian Society for my dad. |
| Michael's big interview. |

No comments:
Post a Comment