Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More on Miss B

Miss B is giving us a tough time with eating these days.  She likes Cheerios, these wheat crackers we have, her baby Cheetos and the occasional Gerber puff thing.  Baby loves her carbs (just like mom).  She also likes green peas and today I discovered that she likes raisins (cut in half) and craisins, sort of (in half).  She still especially likes feeding Commissioner from her queenly post.  Her daddy got her to actually eat from a spoon at dinner tonight, but it takes beyond dogged persistence to make it happen.  She doesn't enjoy fresh fruit that's baby-friendly - maybe it's the consistency?  Oh- and we're working on sippy cups.  ...and remember how she used to always "help" with her bottle when she has her formula?  Well, that's gone out the window, because now she refuses to pick up the bottle to let herself drink on her own and obviously doesn't try with the sippy cup, either.  Too funny.

So we'll see how this goes!  (Don't you like how breezy that phrase was - as if I'm just totally going with the flow with no worries whatsoever.  Of course the reality is somewhat different.  I wish that I was a little more relaxed about some things.  In some areas I'm fairly relaxed and go with the flow.  In others, not so much.)  Other moms- if you've had similar food experiences, please share your helpful hints!

SHE is still perfect baby, of course.  She delights me to no end and I just want to do the right things for her.

She's still loving the good weather and outdoor time with near-daily trips to the playground.  Today she even rode down the big slide with Mommy - twice!  I bet she'd rather even ride by herself; but we're not quite ready for that, yet.

Libby is also now kissing photos - of her daddy and mommy - in her little album.  She kisses lots of things that she likes - such as my sports watch that lights up with a blue backlight.  She kisses Commissioner; Commissioner kisses back - and on and on and on with those two!

She likes to hold up objects that she picks up over her head and/or hold them out and up to show them to me.  Then I kiss her hand/the object and she giggles and does it again.  Fun times for all!  She also loves being in the bathroom.  We've had to start shutting the door to all of them.  And if you go in while she's playing elsewhere, she knows and run/crawls after you to get there before you're finished.  Another game that's sort of a race!  It really gets the blood pumping.

To get your attention (other than getting into something she shouldn't), or to ask you to tell her about what you're doing or what something is, she'll say something like, "eeannhh."  Sometimes there's even a lilt to the end of it as if she's asking a question and sometimes it's slightly whiny.  She learns more every day (of course) and still amazes us with what she knows.  While I obviously think she's brilliant and talented, sometimes I wonder if I don't actually give her enough credit and let her do more on her own.  Oh well- just like every mom, I'll just take it day by day.

She is such a delight and I love her more every day.

2 comments:

  1. We went through an all cheerios, all the time phase too. And it passed, but I think that's all Charlotte would eat for about a week.

    The bathroom thing is funny! Charlotte has always LOVED the bathroom! Which I think made potty training easier. Wait until Libby wants to help you wipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll never really stop stressing about food. Just wait until she's a toddler and the favored "no" comes out :)Just remember, if she eats 1 good meal a day, she'll be a-okay (I know that's easier said than done - trust me). She might be ready for more advanced food too - try a diced hotdog or some nuggets, cheese, mandarin oranges, banana...it really will amaze you what she can actually eat that you think she wouldn't be able.

    ReplyDelete