Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary

To my sweet husband!

Last year, I covered a nice retrospective of the years since we first became engaged.  Last month, I wrote about the wonderful example set by my grandparents (actually long-time love stories of both sets of my grandparents should be studied in pre-marriage classes!)  And earlier this year we took our couples' get-away together to a resort in Virginia.  Yesterday, I received a pretty bouquet of flowers at work (with a balloon that I feel sure was included mainly for Libby's benefit!) 

This weekend, we're planning a movie-and-dinner date and just some family time together enjoying our many blessings.  So I won't gag you a a list of great things about my husband and our marriage, but since we fell in love in college, and this was my grandparents' "song," AND I LOVE our classic American "songbook" classics, turn up the volume on your computer and let playlist.com do it's thing...

"Too Young" by Nat King Cole.

Nat King Cole Too Young Lyrics:
They try to tell us we're too young
Too young to really be in love
They say that love's a word
A word we've only heard
But can't begin to know the meaning of
And yet we're not too young to know
This love will last though years may go
And then some day they may recall
We were not too young at all
And yet we're not too young to know
This love will last though years may go
And then some day they may recall
We were not too young at all

No comments:

Post a Comment