On Tuesday, she got to invite a friend to her gymnastics class, and Libby chose to see if Ty could come with her this time, since between his Mommy and Oma, his schedule can sometimes be a little flexible during the week! All of the kids got to invite a friend to come for free, so we nearly doubled the size of our class! It was a little wilder than usual... but not much. Ty did a great job, especially with his first time. However, as usual, the class is very "hands on," so we didn't manage any pictures. Also, Libby began the class doing part of the usual "stretches" and "warm up," in her teacher, Miss Ashley's, lap! She just walked right over and backed up into it. I have to say, it was pretty cute (and sweet). Libby has really warmed up to Miss Ashley.
And my sweet Libby returned to her usual sweet form this week after a rough one last week. Her teeth are in and it has made all the difference (even if she's a bit tired each day still from the time change). It's working quite nicely for church purposes, since she will actually sit and love on us quietly for part of the service since she's tired.
She's also been babbling up a storm this week and even helped me stir up the strawberry batter for muffins yesterday without making any sort of a mess! She remains VERY interested in cooking and while I love it and am happy to tell her what I'm doing and answer her questions, I am still not proficient in one-armed cooking. But I'm getting LOTS of practice lately!
Also on Tuesday, our friend Katy, came by for a nice visit before she moves to Utah for the winter! Marmena was here on Wednesday so I could work since I was off on Friday. On Thursday, she was an angel while we ran a bunch of errands, including a trip to Michael's to get some stuff for her b-day party in just two months, where she walked around and followed my directions about not touching (much of anything), but just looking. I have had a BALL with her this week! We also met Aunt Mandy for lunch out, and then on Friday, we went over to play with Aunt Toni for the day. (And also so I could raid her basement for toys, books, etc. that have been handed down and used by babies in our family all the way back to my mom.) Christmas and birthday are just around the corner and it was a gold mine (even if you had to dig a bit for your treasures-ha!)
Yesterday, Libby got to attend her friend Ryan's 2nd birthday party. I remember the night he was born in pretty good detail and I can't believe that he's already two!
He chose an adorable "school/school bus" theme for his party and his mom and grandmother did a great job with all of the little details- including school bus toys in every room (that Libby loved playing with) and even a corkboard design set-up for the cake display where the edging was that corrugated edging that is always used in classrooms. I would have never thought of that! Libby had an awesome time playing with Ryan and his toys, helping "clean up," "helping" him with his gifts, and also seeing her friend, Ansley! (Libby has had some GOOD naps this week!)
| The birthday boy was a bit shy at first, but he warmed up and got into the spirit of things pretty quickly! Here you see his mom enjoying a rare "snuggly" moment with her baby. |
| Libby, the house is CLEAN already! |
| Enjoying Ryan's school bus/slide. |
| Ansley's turn! |
| Thank goodness Libby was there to "help" with the gifts... |
Last night, we even had friends over for dinner. I've had a bunch of handbell practices at church over the last week, and tonight I get to play for her (and the rest of the attendees...) at a concert at our church and before that I get to attend an "open house" at a potential preschool for next year!
These kids are growing up too fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment