I hosted the neighborhood book club last Sunday, which was great and I had my friend book club on Tuesday night which was fun as always. And I liked both book selections and had to read a ton to get them both done. But this week, I'm re-reading a favorite, "The Historian" (which I had to put aside for awhile while I read my book club requirements) and then came... "Gone Girl." Well, I was already loving it, but was originally listening to it on CD in the car. I'm not sure if you know, but I'm a little impatient when it comes to books... or just about anything. So, I mentioned that I was listening to it to a co-worker friend and he sent me home with his Kindle to help make progress faster. So Friday night I was up too late reading and I spent a lot of yesterday afternoon - and then last night reading, too. I become sort of a bad person when I'm really caught up in a book - or at least not a very productive one. Everything else gets pushed to the side until I finish! So today, I am making myself do a few things, such as church, exercise, laundry and blogging, before I allow myself to pick the book up again.
So- let me tell you about this week! Libby was delighted that, in addition to gymnastics, Gigi took her to "the big park" on Monday. Nasty weather on Wednesday, but thank goodness no tornadoes here. Michael was out of town for work, so my mom came Tuesday afternoon to stay with Libby while I was at book club and to play with us (and help me pick a portrait frame) on Wednesday. Libby was greatly disappointed to have her leave, but of course, Mimi watches Libby on Fridays anyway, so she was back again Friday morning for me to go to work. Michael came home on Thursday night as well, much to our delight! Aunt Toni even came to play with them on Friday during the day which included eating lunch at Paradise Grill and a treat from Whole Foods! (Umm... no fair.) Libby of course then got to eat out again on Friday night for our usual Mexican meal at our favorite Friday night spot.
Saturday, though, was the big day! Libby went to her first real play (show/musical, whatever): "Clifford LIVE!" which she received as a Christmas gift. We warned her ahead of time that Clifford would be on the stage and performing; therefore, she wouldn't be able to pet him. I think it's probably good that we prepared her for this reality. She had lots of questions while we waited for the show to start... and then the curtains opened!
L: "Where's Clifford?"
M: "I'm sure we'll see him soon."
So we had that exchange for a little while, with little additions from me, such as, "Listen to what they're singing, it sounds like Emily Elizabeth wants a dog for Christmas, so I think we'll have to wait to see Clifford as a puppy!" Then we finally met tiny puppy Clifford, and he played "hide and seek" with his new family AND the audience. We got to point and shout when we saw him pop up in various spots on the stage and Libby was pretty enthralled with that. She really did love any time Clifford was on the stage. But if he was gone, or Emily Elizabeth's parents were gone, she'd ask about them and where they were. Pretty cute. She lost interest somewhat when those elements were missing and was ready to go by the end, but we did have a fun time. There was a 15 minute intermission, which I realize was somewhat necessary for little kids, but I think 10 minutes would have been more than sufficient, especially since the show was only maybe 15 - 18 minutes longer. After the gym dogs event, I was pretty prepared for how it would go and she did not sit for the whole show. But she did a pretty good job for her first time. While it was fun and she said she had fun, we're in no rush to attend another play very soon. Libby would just usually rather be "doing" than "observing."
![]() |
| In front of the souvenir booth with her ticket! |
In other updates, I have to tell you about what Libby's saying lately. In her own chats and discussions with us, she loves to use the word, "because." However, when Libby says it, it's more like, "BEe-taauuuse." And she likes to say, "AC-tuallyy..."
This week we also signed her up for school next year! We won't know about her class placement for sure for another few weeks, but the big debate was whether to send her three days or four days next year. Frankly, she'd probably be okay with five, though she does like her "days off" (don't we all?!), but there's just no need for that. Also since she'll be fine either way, there was no clear answer for what to do. I originally leaned towards four days a week, but then that just diminishes our time together further. So I decided I'd shoot for three days. It may be that the classes work out for four days and if so, then fine. But she's growing so quickly and the years go so quickly. I have the opportunity to be with her, so I'm going to maximize it for as long as possible. I do love her so!
Her teachers tell me that she has really come out of her shell in class lately and participates more. We hope she really breaks free fully by next Thursday for her class Valentine's program that we get to attend! She assures us that she will sing at the performance, but since she doesn't sing in music class still, we can only wait and see! And Ms. Lori tells me all the time about how much she loves Libby, but it's clear that Ms. Lisa gets a kick out of her, too.
And now... for what you've all been waiting for... we finally got a video of Libby doing her flips during our after-dinner dance party last night!
Have fun watching the Super Bowl tonight, folks. Since the Falcons sadly didn't make it, I'm just excited to get pizza and do some reading!!!


Um, the "AC-tuallyy" comes from GiGi...... If she tells me that something is whatever she thinks it is, I don't tell her she's wrong. I just say, actually, it's called THIS. Love, GiGi
ReplyDeleteSweet, smart, funny baby...
ReplyDeletewe"actually say"beeectawause" to each other now....
Love you, Mimi & Diddy