Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'll See You in the Morning and Happy Birthday to Ty!

Our sweet boy is getting so dang big. I'm definitely building up some arm muscles, cause he definitely loves attention... and being carried and held. And it's hard not to when he's so cute, sweet and teething. He just needs us.

Our nighttime routine these days consists of Michael bathing Matthew while Libby gets a bit of additional play time in - sometimes in the bathroom with them, sometimes with me, or sometimes doing her own thing. While Matthew gets dried, jammied up, and prepared for his final feeding, Libby plays in the tub. I feed my boy while Michael bathes Libby. I love his morning and nighttime feedings because those are the two where I still nurse him. And even though he drinks bottles during the day, he still seems to really enjoy nursing, too. He's also gotten pretty quick with it- especially in the morning, which I admit is helpful, particularly on work days. About half-way through, I say Matthew's prayers for him and recite the same book we read Libby at bedtime for years, "I'll See You in the Morning."

Michael puts Libby to bed while I'm feeding Matthew and then I get to go in with her for a few minutes for just the two of us. She typically shows me what day we're on on her calendar that hangs on the wall (and shows the full and new moons) and then clicks through the moon hanging on her closet door. Sometimes she shows me what phase we're in and sometimes I tell her. Then, we do a little cuddling. Usually she then asks me whether I'd like a back, foot or neck massage, but lately she's getting more creative and will says she's learned how to do a face, head, or tonight, hand massage. And then she gives me a few rubs or squeezes wherever. Then there's more cuddling "in the Commission-O cuddle spot" (behind my knees with my legs bent) or "the best cuddle spot" (where you'd expect - more cuddled at my torso, kinda spooning.) Anyway, that's our routine right now and so I wanted to remember it for posterity.

This week has been more craziness, but we've all made it through. If my babies weren't so perfect, I never would have made it the last two weeks. Work always was steady, but seemed to get crazy the minute one or both of them was up and at home (rather than at school.)

Libby had pajama and pancake day today at school- kinda missed Shrove Tuesday by a couple of days, but the church where her school is does do that for dinner that Tuesday, so it's probably too much to have all that going on in the Parish Hall on the same day. Libby had really been looking forward to wearing her pj's to school again and the day didn't disappoint. We didn't even brush her hair!

And we had our own pancake supper this week, too. I intended it to be Tuesday night, but work was way too out of hand, so we had leftovers. But last night I managed to get it done between work stuff. It was such a fun change and I really would like to make it a tradition. We did it at Mimi's house last year and I grew up doing it at my church in Charleston.

Now last Saturday, we got to celebrate Ty's 4th birthday with a superhero party. The cake made us all happy- it was a (thickly!) frosted chocolate chip cookie cake. And they had enough pizza that we got to take some home. Helpful this week! Unfortunately, I just didn't get many photos, so I'll have to add any that Lindsi sends me later on. Here are a few, though. Libby picked out her accessories (shoes, hairband) and looked so precious - and grown-up!


Everyone had capes... though Libby decided a true superhero doesn't need one.
Obviously.
Oma made Riley's cape from a burp cloth. CUTE!
Our birthday boy was not so subtle.
And Matthew had something to eat, too.


Matthew's list of "solids" is now oatmeal, rice cereal, applesauce and bananas. Tomorrow we give... sweet potatoes a whirl!


No comments:

Post a Comment