Sunday, March 2, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Since Matthew turned four months a few weeks ago, life has been even more of a whirlwind than ever. No emergencies at the house, thank goodness - in fact that seems so long ago, I can hardly believe that was part of THIS year.

I've mentioned the job-shift stuff, so my counterpart (who's full-time) in D.C. officially left last week. The Friday before (also her last day) was a perfect example of 10-minute plans.

I woke very early to get to the airport to have a flight to another part of the state. Well, we knew rain was coming, but held out hope that it would be through by the time we needed to get out. It wasn't. As I pulled out of my driveway at 6:10 a.m., I got a call that we were hoping for a 9:30 a.m. take-off. Since I'd snuck out already without waking the house, I decided to go ahead an use that time to go on in to the office and get a lot accomplished before we left. I cranked out some work in the next couple of hours and as time to leave for the airport again approached, it was clear that the time we had hope for wasn't going to work. More office time! More work done! We finally flew out at noonish, missing just one event and salvaging a couple of others for the afternoon.

Monday was out of the office for events again- including a shower I was throwing for a co-worker having twins - and catch-up from Friday. Mom spent that night so that I could also go in to the office on Tuesday!




Now last weekend, Michael and I got to dress up for a special event for our high school. It was really nice to get all dressed up and go out - and the fact that we were celebrating good news for our alma mater was icing on the cake. We made a new German friend, saw old friends and my parents, and had a generally nice night. And Gigi and Papa stayed the night to sit the kiddos and have brunch with us on Sunday to celebrate Michael's birthday and enjoy some play time with Libby and Matthew.



I was up until 11 p.m. working just about every night this week and was definitely living in the "10-minute plan" world. Aunt Toni came to help me on Wednesday and Mimi on Friday. And she brought me a scone treat - which was truly a treat this crazy week!

But in the important news:
Last weekend, Matthew started "solid" foods with rice cereal. He took to it right away!



In fact, he's eating baby oatmeal now too, and apple sauce! He eats about 2 tbsp. of oatmeal or cereal for breakfast (after nursing) with 1.5 oz. of formula, as well as half a container of applesauce. Then he repeats this at one of the next two feedings. And we've barely tapered off the amount of formula he's eating the rest of the day. My boy is getting big!

Libby's sounding more grown up with her comments, teasing and stories every day, and no one makes Matthew laugh like she does. He's been getting more easily distracted when eating... and no one distracts him like Libby! He's rolling over more frequently and about to get it from his back to his tummy. The incentive for that is just not there, either. He'd wind up on his tummy, which is his least favorite place to be.

But just look at him!











And while I'm certain our winter is not really over, we sure have enjoyed a few spring-like days recently. And we have indeed, truly enjoyed them.

I think there's more I planned to write, but frankly, I'm proud that I got this far today. More soon, I hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment