And they have just flown by - especially the last two since I've been back to work. I feel like most weeks I've hardly had time to breathe. Matthew even made it without me for three days (two nights) last week.
I had to zip out of town for a few days to help get a new employee all settled. I'm really glad we have someone in the role now and it seems that she'll be a good fit. To ease the transition for me, and because my trip was planned so late, I wound up staying with good friends Sheridan and Jim! They took good care of me and helped organize my social schedule. The days there flew by, too. I sure missed my kiddos, but the trip was a whirlwind, so I didn't have tons of time to dwell on being apart from them.
It also helped to know that everyone was well taken care of back at home. My mom and Gigi worked in shifts along with Michael, to keep things running smoothly. They even brought dinners that we're still enjoying and made it so nice and easy for me upon my return.
While I was gone, Michael's Aunt Patty and Uncle Jerre were in town visiting. Libby, Michael and Matthew enjoyed dinner with them with Gigi and Papa at Betty Anne's house on Wednesday night.
They beat me home, but just barely. My flight was delayed about and hour and a half sitting on the runway! We had to burn enough fuel to be able take off on that runway. So that was a first, but just another exciting transportation issue for me in 2014. Oh - and after I parked while trying to get to the airport, I had to ask the shuttle to turn back so I could get the cell phone I left in my cup holder. And then another guy on my three-person shuttle had to make the same request! Monday mornings...
And as I traveled home, I got to ponder a job opportunity I had waiting for me, thanks to another wonderful friend. Let's just say the opportunity came at just the right AND just the wrong time. I'm still struggling with turning it down, but I think I'd be making the jump for the wrong reasons. And you just don't want to do that with two little ones if you can help it. It's nice to know that there will indeed be options out there for me when the timing and job is right, though. And it was a nice ego boost after visiting the city where power and titles seem to run the show.
So work has been incredibly busy and stressful. It took a back seat this weekend. The kiddos and I went to the "big park" on Saturday at Libby's request. We had a ball playing chase, climbing, playing restaurant and enjoying beautiful weather. Libby even made our pb&j sandwiches to take for our picnic. She asked to make hers so I asked her if she would make me one, too. She replied, "Absolutely I can!" Has she been watching "The Office?!"
And some other photos from recent weeks.
We have gotten out once in awhile when the weather's been nice. I believe this was from the weekend before last.
And yesterday afternoon, we went out to resume the activity she and her Daddy began before her nap: rescuing worms from the road (it was rainy and wet all day) and tossing them back into yards. She saved probably near 40 worms between her two expeditions. She saved 17 with me alone!
And today, of course they celebrated St. Patrick's Day at school with a special snack... and while they were at music class, a leprechaun visited the classrooms and made mischief! She was so cute telling me everything he did. She seemed to feel she had to whisper it to increase the drama. She's so good at spinning a yarn! Oh, and yesterday during Children's Church, they learned of Jesus humbling himself and washing the feet of his disciples. So the teachers washed the kids' feet and they washed each others' feet. Oh what a memorable story. She was still talking about that one last night. Nothing quite like hand's on. And Daddy of course, made green eggs for breakfast yesterday as part of our St. Pat's kickoff at home. And last week, she and Mimi made green jello! Tonight we had beef (not lamb) stew with cheesy beer bread and GREEN salad.
Matthew is now eating butternut squash and pears to go with his other foods. I think tomorrow we might try peas!
He is serious about his food and just a speed eater. And a total charmer. I still can't get over just how much he and Libby look alike at the same ages.
My sweet loves!
6 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment