We've yet to find a food he doesn't like and have added carrots and green beans to the mix. You have to keep it fairly dry too, and feed him fast or it will all run out with the extreme amount of drool he produces. I think he's about ready for "stage 2" foods, as stage 1 is a bit runny if you don't mix it with some cereal. He slurps it up pretty quick though, either way. His legs are total chunks and he's getting SO close to turning all the way to his tummy. He woke a little early from his late afternoon nap today trying to get there. And he nearly did it while playing on the floor later. He'll nearly do a gymnastics-style backbend to see something behind him rather than just roll over.
Look at this cuteness waking up!
He adores being held and loved on. He loves being tickled and being given any reason to laugh. Libby is his favorite. He also like to stretch those legs out and just stand. He likes to snuggle and suck his thumb or fist - and the poor things are just raw, no matter how much we try to help with a paci. Oh and he loves for you to make sounds back and forth to him. He likes reading okay, but loves when you sing to him. So this week's been a good one what with the "Frozen" soundtrack on non-stop. Libby knows all the words to most of the songs (maybe all) and you can hear her singing if you're in the other room and she forgets you're there (same goes for the back seat.) Her favorite song is "Frozen Heart." But we really love when she sings "frozen fractals all around."
His schedule is sort of like this, depending on whether it's a Libby school day, etc.: Wakes and nurses between 7:20 - 7:40 a.m., eats cereal and fruit at 8:30 a.m., nap 9:15 a.m., wakes anytime between 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., bottle at 11 a.m. and food at 12 or 12:30 p.m. or so, naps at 12:45 or 1 p.m., 2:20 p.m. wakes and bottle, 3:30 p.m. is food; naps 4:15 p.m. until 5 or 5:15 p.m. and then gets a bottle. Then bath at 7:30 and nurse immediately following. In bed by 8:20 p.m. generally. I've made my peace with variations though. They happen sometimes.
They did with Libby too, and we did, indeed all live. Now, she doesn't necessarily nap every day now, but she does have up to an hour and a half to two hours at least of quiet time in her room. Most days she does nap, but some she doesn't. Those days kind of scare me. I work from home folks. It's kind of essential that while she doesn't have actual homework, she does something for awhile in the afternoon that keeps her occupied. She really is a good girl.
On Thursday, it was Emily's birthday party at school. She told me when she got in the car that she had most of her lunch left over. Yes, she'd eaten the 8 snap pea crisps I sent, two bites of pb&j and a grape. Guess she needed the salty of the crisps... after eating TWO cupcakes for a "snack" for the party! She told us that Colin only got one because all he did was lick the icing off the top. Well, kudos to Libby for eating the whole thing? And got the reward of a second? Good grief! And they had cupcakes on Monday for her teacher, Ms. Suzie's birthday.
AND they had farm animals visit. She got to play with baby goats, a sheep, rooster, chickens, a llama and bunnies- including a tiny baby one. Oh how I wish I'd been there to see them! Oh- and a dog, too! She didn't know what kind.
She's really getting into Playball. She's asked about gymnastics though and I wanted to take her to her gym to play, but alas, she just was clearly not feeling up to it, so I didn't even mention it. I didn't want to risk her feeling worse and having to miss farm day, so I didn't even bring it up.
I'm hoping to at least take her to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and to play on Saturday morning (since it's supposed to be raining.) I think she'll be up for that!
And next week we're planning on big fun for spring break.

No comments:
Post a Comment