Easter weekend, as so many weekends are these days, was a busy one! (This also helps explain why I'm so behind on my blogging.)
I can truly say that the celebration of Easter is better every year, and more meaningful, because of its meaning for my babies. I find it more and more important to focus on the true meaning of the holidays (while also still probably going overboard on gifts for the kiddos, because, c'mon...)
I was particularly excited because this was our first Easter at our "new" church. We actually began attending right after Easter Sunday last year, but not actually on Easter. I knew it would be a beautiful service to celebrate our Risen Savior, and it was. The choir sounded gorgeous, the timpani, trumpets, strings and organ were wonderful additions to the service, too.
On Friday night, we finally got around to dyeing our eggs.
There was grumbling by the "senior artist" that the wax crayons were not be best on the eggs this year, and indeed, the writing really didn't show up this time.
It had rained a lot on Thursday and Friday, and it looked like much of Saturday would be spoiled with rain, too. However, we had our tickets and parking pass for Steeplechase and were all prepped to go, so that was it. Michael brought us all changes of clothes to keep in the car in case someone fell in mud or our car got stuck again. I had extra food and formula for Matthew and Libby and I sported our best in rubber footware.
However, it actually turned out to be GREAT! The sky was a bit overcast much of the time, but the temperature was really nice and we didn't have to worry about getting sunburns.
Libby didn't get to spend time in the infield with the puppy races, inflatables or miniature/baby wildlife, but she still have a great time climbing on the giant stakes that held up the tent and being generally charming. And I can't say enough great things about how our boy acted! He was working on NO SLEEP the entire time we were there and was a big hit with the party-goers and tent guests. What a charmer. Of course, he was held the entire day and that's one of his favorite things, but still. For his first big "society" occasion, it couldn't have been a better debut.
Libby's dress that she picked out to wear was a bit... on the short side. We had this problem all day. At least she wore bloomers and she's just a baby.
On Sunday, before church, we had to see if the Easter Bunny visited! Libby woke up and then was ready to go downstairs. However, because I still had to feed Matthew, she had to wait - and she was SO patient about it. Perhaps she was still a bit tired, too. We used that time to read the story of Christ's resurrection from her rhyming kids Bible (that I love) and talk a little bit more about Easter, as we had a great deal in the days leading up to it.
And then, it was time to go downstairs and find eggs! She was impressed that the Bunny knew to look for them in the fridge. We told her that the Bunny had been at this job for many years, so he knew just what to do.
They must have been good, because the Bunny was sure good to them!
And Libby even got a cute little dancing frog music box that plays, "Singin' in the Rain."
And some watercolor paint books in addition to her candies.
Matthew got some outfits, a sun hat and a Masters bear!
Then it was breakfast while listening to "The Messiah" and off to church. I mentioned before how beautiful the service was this year. And all the parents enjoyed the sermon, too.
And then it was time for more photos in their Easter finery.
There truly is love between these siblings.
And boy did they have fun opening even more presents, in addition to their overflowing baskets, from their grandparents!
Libby got more comfortable in an outfit from Aunt Lindsi.
And even Michael and I received some extra treats. Reidel Coca-Cola glasses! ...and Papa got in on a photo bomb.
We all had a very fun day and a delicious dinner. It's so wonderful that we're able to share so many holidays together.
And check out my sweet little guy's precious head and leg chubbiness. His little head is the perfect shape and look at the backs of those little knees. So sweet!
Now, I'm certain that I originally meant to write more, but it's taken me so long to get this up that I'm mainly just glad I got the photos going! We were fortunate to have beautiful weather and I can't recall a better Easter.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment