Sunday, May 18, 2014

Last Day of School

I wish I had time to write a real, deep reflection on what this year has been to Libby. Libby has grown in height - big time. She's grown in spirit. She's grown in intelligence. She's grown in the fact that she's the big sister - and boy is she a great one! Fun, helps us with taking on more responsibilities and oh, so loving.

She's had another great year at school, and loved her teachers, Mrs. Suzie, Mrs. Candy and Mrs. Shirley. Her best friend was Kira, but she liked her whole class, including Emily, Jackson (who provided a great deal of entertainment for stories at dinner time), Noah and Colin (Noah and Colin were also BFF, and in her class last year, as well.)

Libby was hopeful that she'd have Mrs. Suzie again next year and told us that indeed, she would. Well, it wouldn't be the first time she knew something that we didn't, so I didn't correct her right away. I checked with Mrs. Suzie. But no, Mrs. Suzie won't be teaching the three's next year - she's going back to the two's. So Libby will have new teachers after all. AND one of the four year-old teachers lives in our neighborhood - maybe she'll get her! Kira has requested that she be in Libby's class next year and they're both going five days a week, which will be huge for us, but that's NEXT year.

Before school on Thursday, I'd planned to make her a special breakfast, but she just wanted some cereal, so hey. She also requested one single braid for her hair. Let's just say there's a reason that I didn't have many braids and her hair is just like mine in terms of how fine it is and wavy. It can be tough to style and to get it to "hold." Even hair stylists have mentioned it and I always need extra hair "product." Anyway, I got it in a braid, even if a bit loose. It was very mature and looked pretty. Unfortunately, Libby was kind of wild and before I could get a photo, it looked terrible. So we went back to the two braids.

Also, it was really cool - like 60 degrees - on the last day of school. So, despite that they were supposed to wear something for a luau (her class party theme), she had to also wear a sweater.







She's stinkin' cute - and so is Matthew boy.

Mrs. Susie (next to her) and Mrs. Candy
She had pizza and strawberries for her luau and got in the car wearing a pink lei and orange floral hair clip that was just super cute. Got no photo of that, though. They also had cupcakes with blue "ocean" frosting, cookie crumb topping for the sand/beach and a little teddy bear "sunning himself" under a cocktail umbrella. Wish I'd seen them - they sounded too cute! Her teachers gave her the book, "Splish Splash," a cute sand pail with her name on it, some mini Oreos with a "You're one smart cookie" sticker on it, and the best - a mini photo album with photos of her from throughout the year doing art projects, eating snacks, her birthday party, etc. I just adore it.

That night for dinner, we took her out for a special meal at our favorite Mexican spot, so that was a fun end-of-year treat for a Thursday.

And then on Friday, Daddy was home with the kiddos all day while I was at work and took them to the "big park!" I also had a reception after work, so they picked up pizza for dinner!

...and that was only the START of a great weekend for Libs.

I can only imagine what the next school year of "real" pre-K holds for us. But in the meantime, I can't wait for a fun summer with my babes.

Addendum: I forgot to say that Libby got her Playball "End of Season" review. Her coaches Brandon and Teresa wrote, "Libby is a playball coach's dream student! She is eager to learn, a super listener and promotes positive relationships with her friends and coaches. She always has a smile on her face. Great work, Libby!" And she scored "Proficient" in all categories but one and "Making Progress" with a check+ in that one. Proficient in: soccer lace kick a stationary big ball, hockey push dribble, tennis forehand, soccer throw-in, baseball batting, heading a big ball thrown by the coach, overarm throw a small ball, hockey hit. Making Progress was in bouncing a big ball using one hand. Not bad, little girl, not bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment