On Tuesday, we took Libby and Matthew to the Georgia Aquarium - his first trip - and a surprise trip for her!
Libby got to see her favorite garden eels...
And she got to do her favorite touch tanks!
...while Matthew peered in from the sides.
We peeked at her from the other sides of tanks.
And Matthew wore his cute octopus & fishies shirt for the occasion.
Her pace was fairly quick this time. After each exhibit, she'd say, "Oh-KAY, I'm done with this one," and move right along. It actually worked out quite well for Mathy Boy. His attention span is pretty good, but he IS seven months old and still takes some good naps.
Libby's favorite thing was still the dolphin show. While the story is the same as the first time we saw it (I think we've seen it three times now), the dolphins do perform some new and different tricks. I think it depends on the trainer. Matthew loved that part, too.
On Wednesday, we zipped up to Rome and back for the day to finally pick strawberries with Mimi.
Matthew wasn't overly enamored with the experience this time, but then, we didn't really let him pick, either. Next year ought to be interesting, though! He did get to eat a fresh, sun-warmed strawberry or two right in the field! And that morning he had his first non-formula/mom's milk dairy: greek yogurt blended with some baby food fruit. He made a funny face when he first tasted it, but then ate it up like just about everything else he's ever tasted!
Berry beautiful babies!
Didn't love wearing the hat, either.
Mimi pushed Matthew a lot since he wasn't "into in" and still managed to get a lot of berries!
And then we all needed a minute to sit down and enjoy a treat - fresh strawberry ice cream!
Matthew really wanted some...
And these last photos were with Mom's new amazing camera. Whew, it's so nice!
Also this week, Matthew started clapping AND we moved him from the Bebe Pod chair to his high chair since he's sitting so well on his own!
He was actually a bit unsure of it at first, and he was still exploring it and figuring things out today, but as long as you're feeding him, he's pretty much into it.
That also meant Libby moved to a regular chair.
She's been a bit clingier to the high chair and he was about to bust out of the Bebe pod, so I went ahead and made the switch. She's since decided that they should sit next to each other, so that's the arrangement now.
And because his clapping is SO CUTE, I got this video in his high chair today. He's still nervous about that red light on the camera, as you'll see.
Also this weekend, we went to "the mountains" - his first trip! (But I have to get those photos from mom before I can blog about it.)
He's trying SO HARD to crawl and he's just about to do it. In the meantime, I'm trying to pick up small things out of reach and get them higher up or to Libby's room, since he puts everything in his mouth. I think though, that like Libby, he will be fairly "train-able." I mean, we can even just about get him to clap "on demand" and Libby was/is never one to "perform" something asked of her spur-of-the-moment like that.
Since he can get around though, I also moved a bunch of Libby's art higher on the fridge and moved the small magnets up and the big ones he can play with down. I'm going to have to start closing the door to the pantry, too. Today he was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, and he leaned forward sitting, put his hands on the ground, and started scooting himself back while still sitting... right over to the pantry. It's hard to believe we're already at that stage!
Tomorrow will be his first trip to the pool! We have his float all ready. One more photo from this morning for the road in his new "Nemo" pjs...















No comments:
Post a Comment