Mother's Day was last Sunday, but my special treats began the Sunday before with Michael fixing me my personal Mother's Day dinner on the grill.
And then on Friday... I received a box of chocolates and beautiful tulips from my Libby. The card read, "To the Mama who always give the best 'one more hug!'" Sweetness.
On Saturday, the family let me sleep in a bit and when I got up (at 8:30 a.m.!), a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and strawberries was ready and waiting for me.
I used the rest of the morning to finish meal preparations for Saturday night and Sunday, packed and even cleaned out my spice racks due to the fact that I didn't know what was there, had duplicates of certain things and generally needed some order so that bottles would stop falling on top of me and others any time I opened the pantry door. Speaking of: I hope Matthew will leave that area alone. Otherwise we're going to have to put a lock on the door, because I will not be rearranging that entire closet any time soon and he could make a real disaster in there.
Anywho, by nap time, we had loaded up the car and were ready to go to Gigi and Papa's house to do Mother's Day there. In years past, we've had our moms here, but with Mema and Mema Mabel now in Rome, we hated not the take the opportunity of Mother's Day to see them, too.
So, we got to spend some nice time on Saturday afternoon and evening with them. Michael and I prepared dinner and Gigi made dessert! Matthew got his bath in the big sink in the utility room (not his fave). Then there was a lovely breakfast by Gigi and we were off to drop off Commissioner and our casserole at my parents' house, and then on to church.
Church was lovely and Mimi sang in the choir while both kiddos were on their best behavior.
We went back to Mimi's house and got ready for the gang! Michael and I picked Mema Mabel up and brought her over, then came Aunt Toni, Uncle John, Millie, Mema and Boobus. Libby let us all watch "Frozen" a couple of times through the day between stops to eat and play, but there was once again no nap, so she was fairly tired.
Mimi made homemade strawberry daquiris with the berries she'd picked that week and they were amazing! I mean I definitely managed to get in plenty of "fruit" servings that afternoon!
Thank goodness for Aunt Toni, because otherwise we'd have no photos.
We didn't wind up leaving until a bit later than we'd planned, but we really had a nice day. Matthew that night was worn out, but he was fairly chill once it got to the point of going to bed. Poor Libby though, could barely keep it together by bedtime. More fun in a couple of days than she could stand. And she's just so sweet.
In other cuteness, I was wearing a grey skirt suit yesterday for work and came downstairs to finish up before I left. Libby turns and walks over to me, holds her hand up in a "stop" position and moves it up and down in the air in front of me and goes, "No, Mama, that's not very good." "Why not? Doesn't Mama look nice?," I inquire. "It's just dark, dark, dark," shaking her head in disgust. Ahh well.
She also got a balloon at school for Kira's party and said, "I can't use it to fly because I'm not filled with stuff and fluff."
And Michael has recently pointed out how when we respond that something won't work or we can't do something, she'll respond to us with reasons why it won't. They aren't always correct, but it's nice that she thinks to provide her own happy answers that work for her.
6 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment