He also got one more bottom tooth (so he has three bottom, two top teeth) and the matching bottom tooth is right there. It's also giving him a bit of trouble, but he's a pretty tough guy, just like his big sister - ha. (She was also pretty great with the teething.)
And even with the major teething, he's not nearly as "drooly" as he used to be.
He finished up all of his formula this week and is now on whole milk all the time. Plus, he sometimes uses a straw cup at one of his daytime feedings (the noon/1 p.m. midday one) because he sometimes sleeps right in to time to pick Libby up from school! So he drinks it in the car.
Matthew is also quite clear at communicating his various needs/wants/concerns, etc. He will still wave you off about something he doesn't want to eat, hold, whatever. He makes the funniest, cute "Mmm" yummy food sounds.
He also says, "bubble." He loves bubbles! And he can say the word.
But the biggest news is that he got his first haircut on Friday. I waited until Libby was out of school so that she could come with us and make him feel safer about it. She did a great job!
He sat in my lap for most of it, so I have no "happy" photos. (Trying to do a "selfie" while all that was going on just wasn't an option.) Then, to clean up the bottom of the back, we put him in the cool race car chair. He was okay... until they switched on the electric trimmer. Sob city!
He regrouped though, and other than the fact that it's shorter and different in the front than what I wanted, he still looks precious. Libby said it makes him look like more of a baby with his hair short. But in the back, it sure doesn't. He looks very grown. We kept a lock of hair and he got a certificate saying that he's "a big boy" after his first haircut.
Today was party city for Libby. Her school friend, Brandt, had his 5th birthday party, in conjunction with his sister, Cecelia's birthday party (she turned 3). The party included several friends of her class, such as Kira, Celia, Lily and Thomas. They did tons of fun activities and played at the park where the party was held. I had fun, too!
However, Brandt's baby brother didn't find it all as fascinating and fun as the rest. But at least he got some rest...
Yes, that's a photo of him, covered with coats, sleeping face down on a blanket on the concrete, with a party going on around him.
Then, we were off to Ryan Arnold's 5th birthday party, where there was an inflatable jumpy center. Matthew had a great time just watching the big kids, trying to climb in and trying to keep up. Of course, he enjoyed his pizza there, too. But the end, he was pretty tired and fell a couple of times trying to navigate the tarp. I think maybe twice he fell on purpose though, because he just stayed down, took a bit sigh or four and rested. He's too sweet! He also loved keeping up with the big kids on the playground at Libby's school after Playball on Thursday. Libby left without a fuss... but not so Matthew. He wanted to stay!
The party was "Jake and the Pirates" themed and Ryan seemed to have a great time, too! Libby missed the blowing out of the candles, because it was taking her 15 years to finish her lunch, as usual.
Last night, we introduced her to "Aladdin" for movie night! She really seemed to enjoy it and watched it in pieces again today. It was also Michael's first time seeing it! Mimi also said it was her first time, but I'm pretty sure it was for Libby's benefit... I couldn't believe how all the songs came back to me in a snap. Such a cute movie - and you even get a few extra "funnies" as an adult that I may have missed as a kid.
She also RODE A HORSE AT SCHOOL yesterday! It was their "hoe down lunch" with hotdogs, campfire food, etc. They made stick horses to ride, a bandana, ate s'mores -- AND Libby rode "Butterscotch." She thought it was her first time, but she forgot riding a pony at Steeplechase two years ago (which is tough to believe, considering she knew the last time we had a certain soup that we had on Thursday night ....at least back in February.) Seriously. But Mama and Daddy weren't there to help and she did it all on her own, with just teacher supervision. She was SO proud - and so are we!
Did I also mention that she brought home her progress report a couple of weeks ago? She got the best scores on nearly everything. And "progressing" (which is like the next step down) with: I listen quietly- my attention span is lengthening; I wait my turn when speaking in a group; I share experiences (all of which we found rather amusing.)
and her teacher wrote, "Libby is a joy to have in my class. She always wants to help. I love her enthusiasm. She is doing great academically. It is quite exceptional that she has such a good grasp on all the basics! Keep up whatever you are doing at home."
Most importantly, she has the biggest heart. All the time, she comes up with the sweet stuff. "I think we have the perfect baby," and "I think we have the perfect Mama," are regular mantras... and they are amazing. My heart is full.
Needless to say, we are so very proud of both of our loves!





No comments:
Post a Comment