It's also tough when you can't say all the word you want to in order to explain your needs. Matthew loves to repeat maybe the last two words you said, which is so precious, and he loves to say "BUH-bye" (and Monday said, "BUH-bye, Mama" when I left for work), but sometimes it's tough to really understand his desires. Especially when Mama is dumb as a stump sometimes. But he puts up with me, and loves me anyway, thankfully.
Backtracking a bit, Libby got her hair cut last week, and the girl who cut it put it in an Elsa braid!
When it hasn't been super cold, Matthew loves nothing more than to get outside! So we've done that a bit.
We've been to the playground and the park lately. And even just played in the yard!
Recently, Michael, my parents and I got to take a day trip to Athens for the big UGA v. Auburn game that we won! We spent the day catching up with so many old friends, and with each other. It was just great, especially after all the hours I've been working lately.
Libby got all ready for Thanksgiving at school by making a great costume and necklace and then having a big feast on Friday. I also was so excited to finally get to be the mystery reader for her class last Thursday. OH they were so cute! When I came to the door, the lights were off and the kids were on the floor, on their knees, with their foreheads on the ground and hands over their heads. I took my little red seat in front of them and Ms. Shannon flipped on the lights and Libby had the biggest grin! She said she knew that it was going to be me, but her explanation for that was rather confusing. Either way, she was glad that I was there, and I was glad, too! We read "Hello Kitty's Thanksgiving" and of course, "House Mouse, Senate Mouse." I also brought "Dogs on the Bed" in case we had time, but the kids had so many other fun things to share that we did not.
My sweet "Singing Bird" (that's the name she chose) and her little devoted chick.
The little devoted chick finally got his one year photo made after church on Sunday. So he's actually 13 months now, but at least I finally did it! HE was a wild little man during the shoot as you can see. He had a great time flinging himself backwards and laughing hysterically. (Check out his fancy saddle oxford shoes!)
Libby got in on some of the action, too. Perhaps she regretted it a bit?
Oh they are quite the trip together! How thankful I am for these sweeties, and for their patience with me!








No comments:
Post a Comment