Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bonk!, Holding Hands and New Teeth

I can't wait to update you on the little trip to Charleston that Libby and I took with Marmena this week to Charleston to see my friends, Katie and Matt, and their new baby, Maggie.  Katie is my oldest friend, and despite the miles between us, we have remained great friends, always making time to visit and even if it's only a couple of times a year, it's like we've never been apart.  We've even lived together and the only time we've ever had a fight is in a canoe at camp a few times (sorry, she just wasn't pulling her weight!).

We are almost exactly a year apart in age (she's a year older) and now our babies are almost exactly a year apart, too.

However, I don't have the photos uploaded from my mom's camera yet and I want to have the best to choose from for the blog about it.  So I thought I'd update on a few other cute/new things Libby is doing these days.

Just before this trip, Marmena taught Libby to "hold her hand" when she was walking in certain places.  It came in VERY handy on this trip when we stopped for lunch, etc. and at restaurants.  If you ask (or tell her), she puts that hand right up for you to grab.  It's so sweet having her hand in mine like that.

Also, while I try not to abuse the privilege (yes, it's hard to hold back, but I'm keeping it to once a day), she will come over and kiss your cheek if you ask nicely!  She's very open to expressing her loving feelings even without asking, but it's kind of fun to try it out, too!  (She's most generous with dogs.)

Libby also loves to tap her head on things - a wall, door, chair, cushion, your leg, the floor, anything - if and get you to say, "Bonk!" when she does it.  She's enjoyed it for awhile, but it has become quite a source of amusement now and she'll do it 15 or 20 times in a row on any surface she can find.  Pretty funny stuff to watch (since she's so gentle about it.)

Libby also has a new tooth peeking through on the bottom row!  And the one on the opposite side is right at the surface.  She'll have eight teeth any day now.  My girl is growing up so fast.  She is also giving up her morning bottle.  She gets so much enjoyment from getting the day started and using her straw cup to drink gallons of milk a day, that she's apparently moved on to that entirely.

In music news, she seems to enjoy any Billy Joel songs and had a great time watching me tap my feet to the music tonight.  So much so that she watched very closely, standing right in front of me, and then bent over to grab the toes of my shoes and move them up and down for me and then try to figure it out with her own feet.  So fun!

Photos below for your enjoyment.



No comments:

Post a Comment