So I mentioned before that Libby managed to get a boo boo at the nature trail. Well, she also got a small one while playing outside last Thursday. There is one on the top of each of her hands and she discovered the second one on Thursday night. Before the second appeared, she'd look back and forth at them and ask why there was one on one hand and not one on the other. Well, after she got the second one, she's been proudly looking at both, pointing them out, holding them up for you to see and asking about them. It's quite precious (of course.)
Well today, she got a small cut on the top pad of her ring finger on her right hand near the nail. As soon as I noticed it was bleeding, we ran inside to get it taken care of and cleaned up. It was still bleeding a bit and it was nap time. I placed a small band-aid on it as best I could (which actually was surprisingly good). Well, you would have thought that rather than placing a band-aid around her finger, I removed said finger entirely. I rocked her and gave her her blankie. I sang, hummed, loved, held her quietly. Nothing worked. So, hoping the bleeding had stopped, I tried to stop the bleeding (okay, wailing). I removed the bandage and... voila! The crying stopped. Wow.
In other news, Libby is climbing the staircase with great speed. I'm going to have to time her, but let me tell you, it's VERY quick! However, we're still working on getting back down them.
We also had a dance party after dinner today, as we often do when the music's right and we have time. I mostly play my i-pod on shuffle for dinner music. It's quite a random selection of music and tonight, Libby was in the mood to dance - and the shuffle kept pulling up one song after another to comply with her wishes. She was doing some major (and majorly cute) grooving (read, doing deep squats) to "Only the Good Die Young," "You Should be Dancing," "Nothing but a Good Time" and more! What fun times we have with Miss B! We were in a particularly celebratory mood since Daddy was home and we were all together for the first time since Friday night!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment