I'll catch you up on a few other items that Libby's been up to lately on another blog post soon.
I had many thoughts on my mind throughout Mothers Day and said a lot of prayers at church and all day for friends and family. But we're going to keep it light here with happy thoughts and memories from the day.
Mother's Day was lovely, thanks to my sweet family. Since I was fixing brunch for our parents (and us), Michael and Libby took me to dinner Saturday night at one of our favorite spots, Paradise Grill (and they helped me get a whole list of things done during the day), so that sort of kicked off Mother's Day. This morning, Michael helped Libby get me up and we got to read several books to her all snuggled in bed together, "Clifford's Puppy Days," "Where is Baby's Mommy," and "Hoppity's Good Deed," three of her favorite books right now.
In the days before Mother's Day, Libby and I decided to make a memorable craft for her grandmothers (and for me!) She loved "paientin'" in "puh-pul" and "peenk."
But before church, I tried to get some photos of just her in her cute ensemble. She would NOT smile. I could barely get her to stand still!
But when Daddy got downstairs...
Church was lovely and Libby was on her very best behavior ever! She went up for the children's sermon with Mrs. Cardenas, who gave the kid's sermon and sat right on her lap. She didn't move once!
We got some more photos after church...
I think she knows how cute she was lookin'... well, that or she's THRILLED to be with her grandparents (probably a combo, but I know the latter is true.)
Libby was only too happy to help with the gift opening and was excited to help "swap" the gifts between her GiGi and "Mimi," too.
And then it was time to eat...
The wonderful gentlemen in our lives are whizzes with the clean-up, so I didn't hesitate to use the china this time. We use my wonderful Lu-Ray antique dishes frequently, and since we used those at Easter and were having brunch this time (which we never do), I thought the china might be a classy "mom" touch.
I made a dish called "green eggs and ham" that we were served at the Reynold's Mansion and plated each dish before serving them, which was really fun and also added a nice touch and something different for us. It also left the table less cluttered for our meal. Marmena, or "Mimi," brought her Mother's Day chocolates to share (and we enjoyed them as appetizers!) along with Byrd's cookie Scotch Oatmeal cookie and I used a bunch of the strawberries Libby and I recently picked to make banana-strawberry mini-muffins and sunrise scones (orange-strawberry) (that I made last year for our EARLY morning viewing of the Royal Wedding.) I really wanted to make everything extra special for our wonderful parents.
I e-mailed our innkeeper/chef about the dish and he graciously shared with me his recipe - and today after I e-mailed him to tell him how well it worked out, he e-mailed back that he thought about us as he was making breakfast this morning since he knew I was making it for Mother's Day. See? They were like staying with your friends!
I added roasted asparagus and some fresh tomatoes, but otherwise it was all his.
I wish I was a better food photographer (okay, photographer in general!)
We ended the day with the debut of "Next Food Network Star" that all of us moms got SO into last season! I was stressed out watching that and I can't imagine having to work under that kind of pressure. Maybe it would help if I was, in fact, trained in the culinary arts or a chef. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy the pressure of the show and be glad that's not me! Cooking in my kitchen with only a two year old "helping" is rough enough sometimes...
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment