Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Birthday Week Kickoff

We got to kick off my birthday week with a trip to Rome over the weekend! We had a fun time at "Mimi's pool" (that's the country club...) with Mimi, Diddy and Daddy, too. I was her least favorite at the pool (though she always makes it up to me later). She rode around in her boat float, got tossed around by the dad/g'dad, swam a bunch, played with her noodle, jumped in and watched us swim a bit, too. I had fun racing some of the family (including Libby!) - inspired by our amazing Olympians! There are rumors of Missy Franklin coming to UGA for college - and boy am I optimistic about that! We have an amazing team and coach, and other students competing - and winning - in the Olympics. I think that our team speaks for itself!

Libby, too, speaks for herself! Of course, she's taken to referring to herself now as "da BAY-bee." Or she calls herself "Libby." She's big on using the third person. But she continues to impress us with her memory, and her speech - and showing us what she knows - is really coming along. She can say almost the whole beginning of her bedtime prayers with no help and she said almost the whole prayer, naming each person or family - all by herself on Monday night, too! And of course, she prays for "da TINY ITTEW (little) BAY-bee doggie." Commish, of course. (Actually, she uses her real name sometimes!)

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention that she asks to be dragged all over the place, especially at bedtime. "Drag 'ibby to da bathroom." I kind of do it, but just lightly letting her toes skim the carpet.

She's TOO much!

Exhibit A below: working hard at her Etch-a-Sketch while wearing her "top hat." HA!


We were in Rome last weekend to kick off my "birthday week" festivities. Mom pointed out that I came by milking the birthday thing for as long as possible honestly. We had multiple parties for different groups all through my youth... so why wouldn't I continue that now?! I HAVE always loved a party. It's not my fault that Michael always tries to get through his own birthday as quickly as possible. It IS unfair that his falls during such a busy time at work for him, but I do try to make it special, within his parameters.

So, our family party was last weekend with my parents and Michael's, too. Just look at the beautiful- and perfect - centerpiece for the table!



We enjoyed awesome guacamole appetizer by my mom, along with perfectly made gimlets - my fave!, a delicious dinner of grilled scallops with this lime-cilantro marinade/sauce, a super fresh tasting tossed tomato and potato "salad" (though it's not your usual kind of "salad"), but I loved it! We also loved Gigi's spinach salad. It was a perfect, Summer, Marie dinner!

THEN, we had THIS amazing key lime cake and key lime ice cream for dessert, too!


31! ...but not until Thursday. Let's not rush this thing... just the gifts!

Being silly- "licking" the cake.
Great new dress!
New duvet cover and pillow shams for the bedroom!
We had to hurry home that night because I had to read the lessons at church on Sunday, but what a great time we had! Thanks, Mom, Dad, Gigi and Papa!

And- Libby's already asking about the pumpkin patch (where did she come up with that?!) She must be ready for Fall, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment