Now, Libby began gymnastics again on Monday, but with just classmates and her teacher this time- no mommy or grandmommy to hold her hand or assist! Mimi took her since I work on Mondays and here was the report from the morning from Mimi and written phonetically for how Libby talks:
What a fun day.....
"lots of chasin'/'untin 'nakes..." (that's "Hunting Snakes" for the layperson- Mimi had a snake in her BASEMENT this past weekend, so we're sort of all about that topic right now.)
fun at gymnastics..she did great and was so excited when she saw me watching through the big window upstairs (last 15 mins)...she is ahead of the others on balance beam and following instructions.....and clearly LOVES the trampoline....
then home to get a 'nack (snack)..and off to the park where we talked and played for close to 2 hours and had our 'nack outside at a 'icnic table...
lots of sweet hugs and she told me she wanted roller skates and a helmet to go down the slide, "ery fast" (very) .....she also said that she didn't have a jump rope and needed one....at the creek she "worked so hard" and the she sighed deeply and announced that she was "ery exhausted"....
then home where she ate a great lunch (2 veggies, some mac and PB&J)...then while I straightened the kitchen she watched, Fun & Fancy Free...then 2 books and off to nap....not a peep.....
The snake from Mimi's:
For the roller skates and helmet - and the jump rope - we started hearing from her this weekend that she was interested in these items. So I found some rope in the storeroom for her to jump for now and I'm thinking Santa might like to bring her that for Christmas - along with some skates and a helmet. I bet her already knows that she'd prefer that they be green! So I helped direct her to start writing her Christmas list so that she'd be ready to tell Santa what she wants when she sees him before Christmas and know what to put in her letter to him, too. I used to LOVE to skate so I'm excited that she potentially shares this interest- even if she's not going to be using them to go down a slide "'ery fast!"
At school on Tuesday, Ms. Lori asked if she was in a tumbling or gymnastics class since she hangs on the bar over the slide there all the time and touches her toes all the way to the top of the bar while she's hanging. We discussed the strength and flexibility necessary for that feat and while I'm pretty flexible, I have tried the toes to the bar from which I'm hanging recently and boy. I am no where close! It's pretty painful and embarrassing to try.
What else? Last night my cousin, Sarah, came to visit Libby and watch her while Michael and I went to catch up with our friend, Katy, visiting from Utah! We were only gone a couple of hours, but I'm fairly certain that they both wished we'd been gone longer. They had a BALL playing with each other and it sounded like all the did was laugh! Libby barely acknowledged me as I left and was happily splashing in the bath when we got home. I'm so glad that they enjoy each other's company so much. Those Kraft ladies are a barrel of fun! I've always known that but it's awesome that Libby gets to spend time with them fairly often, too.
I also wish that I was anywhere near as much fun to play with as they are! I'm trying to get better about it but it's honestly a bit of a challenge for me at times. I don't know if it's because I work from home so my schedule is weird and balancing work and play (and the cleanliness of the house) is constantly on my mind or what. I let a lot of things slide on the neatness of the house, but since we're here a lot - and basically some person is always at my house, it just gets dirty quite frequently and I have to look at it all day most days.
Anywhoo, we're also having some major yard work done with a sprinkler system put in. Libby has gotten great enjoyment out of watching the guys at work and the Bobcat in our yard today. Some photos of the trenches below!
This is supposed to be about a three day project with aerating and overseeding and some new shrubs put in and then next spring is a new front lawn. Not exactly in the cheap realm, but quite necessary. Libby won't even be able to stand her excitement then!!! The guys were very amused by her enthrallment this morning with everything and I... was not a bit surprised! I'm so glad that it worked out for them to start on a day that she was going to be home all day for the fun. Commissioner's not enjoying it quite as much. If you know Commish, then you understand!
Oh- and last Friday, our first-born, Commissioner, turned SEVEN! Michael and I laughed about her puppyhood and how I needed maternity leave for HER! We celebrated by singing her "Happy Birthday" and she got several food treats throughout the day, including scrambled eggs, "beggin' strips" and some beef and cheese. Lucky dog! Lucky us!

No comments:
Post a Comment