Monday, October 29, 2012

End of October Fun

Ah, just catching up on "Call the Midwife." Only five episodes in (or is it only four?!) and I'm hooked. It is so touching and again I find myself tearing up unexpectedly. I took a brief break from "Frankenstorm" coverage, aka: Hurricane Sandy, to watch the episode from last night.

My baby's first school Halloween class party is tomorrow. I don't want to mess up her good time or make it awkward for her, so I'm going to drop off her class snack when I drop her off. We made them cupcakes, but despite the fact that it's not really a party ("They're just two" was the response I got when inquiring about how much to bring/what to expect), I still put together a few party favors... even though they're trick-or-treating to each classroom. She helped me decorate and prepare everything tonight!




Last night, she and her Daddy got ready for Halloween by carving our pumpkin!


And I just realized I didn't get a final photo! We'll have to take some with the pumpkin on Halloween - and tomorrow morning before school since it's on our front stoop.

Have I mentioned how great technology is for us? Skype has been great, if not perfect, when Michael's out of town. Again, not perfect, but it really is so cool. Libby will never understand how lucky she is to have it!

Meanwhile, we got to spend Saturday in "the mountains" with The Great Society, as is tradition. Libby loved throwing sticks into the fire, eating treats all day (definite tradition!) and got to have her first boat ride on a canoe with Diddy and me. She loved it, of course! And... Georgia beat Florida in an ugly, but beautiful game, 17-9. Just needed to include that for posterity!





Oh, and she did some awesome leaf-stomping, too!


She's also been telling me lately, after long inspections of her belly button, that she has eggs there. I keep telling her that it's her skin, but boy does she make me laugh! She's also fully into the "telling everything" phase. So don't do, or tell her, anything that you don't want us ALL to know.

Halloween at school tomorrow... and Halloween on Wednesday! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment