Sadly, Libby wasn't feeling 100 percent at school today apparently. And she came home with a bit of a temperature, but no other symptoms at this point. Thankfully, "her guys" doing the work finished up just in time to get her off to dreamland today. I hope the rest and a bit of medicine will help her get back to feeling herself again soon. It makes me sad when my baby is sick.
I'm doing a bit of work and watching "Call the Midwife" while she's napping (and now blogging, of course.) Oh my "Call the Midwife" is just heartbreaking week after week - but it's so wonderful. I just can't stop watching. I always at least get teary-eyed if not full-out cry. You know I love the Brits. but dang, between this though and "Downton," I just wish someone would hug occasionally! Or just give a polite shoulder pat. There is a bit more of that in Midwife, but still. I guess it's just me being a soft American.
Last week, after school picture day (as seen above, before school- my dress, once upon a time), Libby got to have a lot of special family time with Mimi and Diddy, Mema Mabel, Aunt Marsha and even got to spend time with cousins Stephanie, Savannah and Ryleigh for an afternoon and evening in Rome!
Hopefully at some point I'll be able to post more, but there was a camera issue on our end, so these are what we have for now. Libby stayed though, from Thursday through part of Saturday. Kaitlyn even came over for dinner on Thursday night and on Friday night, Diddy and Aunt Marsha took Libby over to Berry to try to see some deer, eagles nesting there and for other adventures. They also got to look for the moon around the house and catch bugs.
Then, we got together with even more cousins (of the twice-removed? thrice-removed? my grandfather's sister's son's daughter variety - wow it's like we're in the book of Genesis) on Sunday for lunch. We actually have some that live in our neighborhood who live on the next cul-de-sac and have a two month-old little boy. Hopefully we can coordinate even just a walk or something soon. It would be great for the kids - oh and us - to get to know each other.
We got Libby signed up for swim lessons, too! Her teacher for the last few years moved to a house with no pool and we'd just have to drive too far to get to lessons, so we found a new one. She's taught for many years and seems to have a method similar to Mrs. Marci's, so we're excited to get started - especially after Libby got to meet her at school this morning. I hope we can see her again on Thursday to keep the meeting "fresh." I want her to be comfortable going in to it. But the first set of lessons will be every day for four days and then twice the following week and once a week after that for four more weeks, so I'm thinking it will be a great experience. Libby's dying to get back to swimming, so it will be fun to see her progress next week and this summer. We just have to get her feeling better!



No comments:
Post a Comment