Anyway, I'm really feeling back to my old self this week with energy, optimism and everything! I'm not quite 100 percent over the nausea at times, but I'm getting there and just having my energy back means a lot. For instance, on Wednesday, work was somehow not that busy, despite everything going on, so I was able to enjoy Libby... all day!
We went for a walk with our neighbor friends and took Commissioner, did a couple of art projects (more on that in a moment), took a picnic lunch to the playground and I even got a few "need to" things done, without feeling like Libby was suffering because of them because we'd gotten to have so much fun together and I could truly focus on her.
![]() |
| Taking a break from eating to go "sit in Daddy's lap." She's getting much more into playing pretend. |
I mean, look at how big she's getting in her morning before-school photo (from Tuesday)!
After nap, she got to play in the sprinklers, which she's been dying to do since we got our new grass going last week and she got caught in them in her regular play clothes. This time, she planned ahead and put on her swimsuit for the first time this year.
She actually stayed dry for a long time and didn't really want to get it. It was warm, but overcast and that water was pretty cold. But she eventually ventured in.
But she had the best time filling her crocs with water and dumping them in the grass or on the driveway and then rinsing her feet... and repeat.
And tonight, she got another part of her gift bag of fun! She's been asking to paint her toenails blue. So I got her some light blue nail polish and tonight we got matching home pedicures. She also requested that her fingernails be painted, but since it's picture day at school tomorrow, those were painted soft pink. There are limits...
Showing her fancy nails!
We really had a great day - even pizza for dinner!




Winter was rough this year!! Can totally relate to the Jan-March funk! I felt like I had the flu the whole time! The weather is helping a lot, and it's nice to be able to do house work again!
ReplyDelete