On to topics I can write about- I actually completed a workout today other than a walk. Yay! I'm getting back to normal.
However, I completely forgot in the Maeby post, to include the video of us telling Libby the big news! So, here it is:
So yeah, we think she's understood what we meant about a baby joining our family from early on considering she wanted to get right between us. Already protecting that territory. But she really has been sweet about everything.
Meanwhile, we spent last weekend at Gigi and Papa's house. We came in after dinner on Friday night and zipped off pretty early on Saturday to Steeplechase. Libby was excited to see the horses and Mimi and Diddy, but she was also excited to see any dogs that may be around.
We actually beat my parents to our viewing tent and Libby spotted them way off as they were walking up, running to grab up Mimi as quick as she could (despite that they'd spent the previous day together). Diddy spent at least a quarter of his time chasing Libby or being chased and running after his cap or her hat! Seriously, she was still tired on Monday from all her fun with her grandparents.
Libby also got to join Ty in the infield before the races got underway for some giant slide fun, pony rides (her first!), petting zoo petting, watching Jack Russell terrier races, etc. Ty even rode a camel.
She also enjoyed her orange juice, as always.
I really can't tell you how much running she did on Saturday. But it was a LOT. We left after the second horse race to get Libby back for a late nap, watch The Masters and relax a bit. Libby had a bumpy nap, but according to Gigi and Papa she was a delight all evening. She enjoyed blocks, chasing Papa and the dog around, helping prepare dinner - burgers, fries, and her fave- Gigi's fried green tomatoes!
Michael and I took the opportunity to go to an actual movie theater and dinner with the Pearsons with no kids. Although, I really did miss Libby while we were out. Am I silly or what? We had a lovely evening and it was nice to have a date night, though. And we got to enjoy seeing Tyler in his big screen debut in the movie, "42" about Jackie Robinson. We all enjoyed it, even if the guys said it was a touch too "Hollywood." Duh- this sort of movie generally is, and pooh- I love this type of movie.
On Sunday, we had a relaxing morning with the Gordons and enjoyed a yummy sausage casserole for brunch before we headed home to get ready for the week and do some spring cleaning (not exciting, but necessary)... and watch the final round of The Masters - which was really exciting! And what was really nice was that I had the energy required to do the cleaning and such. And we even had one of my favorite dinners, my mom (and grandma's) easy "Coq au Vin." It was as good as I remembered and a great way to end - and begin - the week.














No comments:
Post a Comment