Today, Millie got sucked in to the story-telling trap. She shared a personal story with Libby about an encounter with wasps at summer camp and that was that. I'm pretty sure Millie had to tell Libby the story at least ten times at lunch alone.
Yes, today, we got to play with Millie and Aunt Toni for half the day - even though it was a weekday! It's spring break for Millie, too, so their visit was a real treat for all of us (even if Millie may be a bit worn out tonight!) Those girls hid and found Easter eggs, chased the Commish and each other, played hide-and-go-seek, juggled (well, Millie did), played with blocks, balls, inspected the huge amounts of yard work going on at our house and lots of other fun! Of course, we also fit in a trip to the Paradise Grill for some chips and fried okra.
They played by "Libby's rules" today.
We are in the midst of a major yard re-do. I can't wait to share photos after a month or so once the grass has really settled in but the look is still quite fresh and new! You can't imagine the truckload of sod in front of our house this morning. We couldn't re-do the entire look of the front yard (had to the leave the juniper, for instance), but we've still made some changes and the grass alone will be a particularly great change.
Last night, Libby had a tough moment when I was going to leave for dinner with Mandy. I knew the second I left she would be fine, and she was before I even opened the back door. But she had a real separation anxiety moment and it just about broke my heart as her Mama. But darn it was great to finally catch up with Mandy after two months of not seeing her... and so much to catch up on, too.
And have I shared that it's been at least two, if not three, weeks since Libby wet her pull-up at night? So we'll be moving to full time undies here soon. YAY!
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment