He's regularly saying, "Mamah-ma," "Bah-buh" (bottle), and "Mum-mum" (his surfboard-shaped rice cake thin that he can feed himself.) He pretty much always gets one of these at dinner each night now. He also just started eating the "puff" that are small and that will help him with practicing picking up small things and maneuvering them to his mouth.
| Just waking up. You can tell by his eyes he's doing just a tiny smile behind that monkey lovie. |
Of course, both bottom teeth are in now, and his top two appear to be on their way in, as well. His crawling is getting better and better and he's so excited to try to stand. He almost always wants to be down on the ground practicing now. And boy is that exhausting. He's crawling everywhere and exploring everything that he can. He even pulled himself nearly to standing the tiered stool in their bathroom on Monday night. His knees are getting a little bit more tough (sad) and red after all that work, but that's to be expected.
He sometimes gets himself into tight spots!
He sometimes gets himself into tight spots!
He's SO darn CUTE!
He ate his first MEAT on Tuesday - some pureed chicken in his veggies. He ate it right up. I also cut soft banana into small chunks for him to feed himself. I mostly wound up doing it though, because those things are so darn slippery and hard to pick up. He also only took two naps on Tuesday, AND I lowered his bottle intake and upped the solids since he's doing SO well with them. We did take a short walk over to the playground though, around 5 p.m., so he could rest in the stroller for a bit and Libby could burn off some excess energy since Michael was out of town for work. :)
He was back to three naps today though, so we'll just have to see how everything develops. He's certainly still getting enough to eat, though, so I think dropping the one bottle was okay. As we learned with Libby, every day is an experiment. I know that I'm in no way of control of anything really, but I've definitely been able to loosen up about things with a second child a bit.
He ate his first MEAT on Tuesday - some pureed chicken in his veggies. He ate it right up. I also cut soft banana into small chunks for him to feed himself. I mostly wound up doing it though, because those things are so darn slippery and hard to pick up. He also only took two naps on Tuesday, AND I lowered his bottle intake and upped the solids since he's doing SO well with them. We did take a short walk over to the playground though, around 5 p.m., so he could rest in the stroller for a bit and Libby could burn off some excess energy since Michael was out of town for work. :)
He was back to three naps today though, so we'll just have to see how everything develops. He's certainly still getting enough to eat, though, so I think dropping the one bottle was okay. As we learned with Libby, every day is an experiment. I know that I'm in no way of control of anything really, but I've definitely been able to loosen up about things with a second child a bit.
Last Saturday we got to spend a bit of time at the pool again with the kids and Libby was jumping off the diving board backward, sideways and all kinds of ways and didn't even require anyone to "catch" her underneath at all a couple of times.
Matthew's delighted any time she splashes and plays around him and he was even kicking and such himself. He loves being "tossed" in the air and coming down with a bit of a splash. He leans WAY forward in his float sometimes (we're holding it anyway or RIGHT there) and puts his face in. He'll come up sputtering a bit, but is mostly unfazed or laughs about it right after. Another sweet neighborhood boy was having a ball pulling him around in it a bit, too. What a sweet guy Sam is (I think he's 6, but on the swim team and quite a swimmer!) Matthew was even annoyed that I was trying to feed him when he apparently wanted to be back in the pool himself. He likes to play on the steps, be carried around, float in his float - anything at all. Thankfully, we have another water baby! I even forced him to practice floating on his back multiple times (with my hand under it) and while he obviously thought it was a weird sensation, he wasn't upset by it. So I'll be doing that a lot.
We didn't get a lot of action shots this time, because we were too busy playing and supervising all the fun!
Libby also began her first Vacation Bible School this week, and while she was nervous at first, so far it has been a success. She agrees that my description before her first day was correct, "It's like a party for three hours every day!" I mean singing, dancing, a lesson done by skit or video, snack, playing, making a craft and more singing. Pretty good. Tuesday night at bedtime she asked me whether she could tell me a story after I told her one. Of course I agreed (the way she tells stories is so precious, prompting you to fill in her pauses, etc.) and she hopped off the bed and told me, "I have to get a drink of water first to get my brain going."
Also, last Sunday was the Tony Awards. A great broadcast, but may of the numbers weren't something Libby would have truly enjoyed, OR they were too adult in content. However, I did save her the numbers from "Aladdin" and "Bullets Over Broadway." She liked both and loved the tapping in "Bullets" of course. I think she would have REALLY enjoyed "Aladdin" if she'd ever watched the movie, but she does prefer to stick with the "tried and true" options.
She asked me when we'd be going to our next show "like 'Clifford'" (that we took her two about a year and a half ago when she barely sat still) and I told her we'd have to see. (Actually, we do have tickets to a show in the fall and we may have a movie surprise for her before that...) She suggested that perhaps, "101 Dalmatians" would be a great show. I told her that with all those dogs, that one may not ever be turned into a live action show, and she agreed it would be crazy. "There would be dogs everywhere, like all in the audience. Maybe one would sit with me! He would have to be just a little one."
I'm trying to remember her "funnies" from Libby (that are near-constant) a little better, now that I'm not quite so sleep-deprived and crazy with work. I've even been able to exercise two days in a row. Unheard of!
However, I have decided that once Matthew starts saying more words that between the two of them, I may not complete a thought of my own for the next several years, at least!
Last weekend, we were also able to celebrate Mema and Boobus' 60th Wedding Anniversary- the "Diamond."
We ate a delicious dinner at La Scala in Rome and then returned to Mimi and Diddy's for cake, champagne and gifts.
I've written previously about their special relationship and this last year, with more health challenges AND a big move (their first move in around 40 years) it has been another momentous one. They are a special couple and we are so fortunate to have them as Ours and to be there for this special celebration!
Anyway, that's our life lately! And we're loving (almost) every second of it!
Matthew's delighted any time she splashes and plays around him and he was even kicking and such himself. He loves being "tossed" in the air and coming down with a bit of a splash. He leans WAY forward in his float sometimes (we're holding it anyway or RIGHT there) and puts his face in. He'll come up sputtering a bit, but is mostly unfazed or laughs about it right after. Another sweet neighborhood boy was having a ball pulling him around in it a bit, too. What a sweet guy Sam is (I think he's 6, but on the swim team and quite a swimmer!) Matthew was even annoyed that I was trying to feed him when he apparently wanted to be back in the pool himself. He likes to play on the steps, be carried around, float in his float - anything at all. Thankfully, we have another water baby! I even forced him to practice floating on his back multiple times (with my hand under it) and while he obviously thought it was a weird sensation, he wasn't upset by it. So I'll be doing that a lot.
We didn't get a lot of action shots this time, because we were too busy playing and supervising all the fun!
Libby also began her first Vacation Bible School this week, and while she was nervous at first, so far it has been a success. She agrees that my description before her first day was correct, "It's like a party for three hours every day!" I mean singing, dancing, a lesson done by skit or video, snack, playing, making a craft and more singing. Pretty good. Tuesday night at bedtime she asked me whether she could tell me a story after I told her one. Of course I agreed (the way she tells stories is so precious, prompting you to fill in her pauses, etc.) and she hopped off the bed and told me, "I have to get a drink of water first to get my brain going."
Also, last Sunday was the Tony Awards. A great broadcast, but may of the numbers weren't something Libby would have truly enjoyed, OR they were too adult in content. However, I did save her the numbers from "Aladdin" and "Bullets Over Broadway." She liked both and loved the tapping in "Bullets" of course. I think she would have REALLY enjoyed "Aladdin" if she'd ever watched the movie, but she does prefer to stick with the "tried and true" options.
She asked me when we'd be going to our next show "like 'Clifford'" (that we took her two about a year and a half ago when she barely sat still) and I told her we'd have to see. (Actually, we do have tickets to a show in the fall and we may have a movie surprise for her before that...) She suggested that perhaps, "101 Dalmatians" would be a great show. I told her that with all those dogs, that one may not ever be turned into a live action show, and she agreed it would be crazy. "There would be dogs everywhere, like all in the audience. Maybe one would sit with me! He would have to be just a little one."
I'm trying to remember her "funnies" from Libby (that are near-constant) a little better, now that I'm not quite so sleep-deprived and crazy with work. I've even been able to exercise two days in a row. Unheard of!
However, I have decided that once Matthew starts saying more words that between the two of them, I may not complete a thought of my own for the next several years, at least!
Last weekend, we were also able to celebrate Mema and Boobus' 60th Wedding Anniversary- the "Diamond."
We ate a delicious dinner at La Scala in Rome and then returned to Mimi and Diddy's for cake, champagne and gifts.
I've written previously about their special relationship and this last year, with more health challenges AND a big move (their first move in around 40 years) it has been another momentous one. They are a special couple and we are so fortunate to have them as Ours and to be there for this special celebration!
Anyway, that's our life lately! And we're loving (almost) every second of it!










No comments:
Post a Comment