Monday, July 6, 2015

Last Swim Meet & Team Party

Missed something on the last post, and it was the whole reason I began the post! Matthew crooking his little finger, waving it, and saying, "No, no, no, sir. Mimi say dat." Oh so precious and he says it SO sweetly. He started saying it a few weeks ago after our Hilton Head trip and that little guy came back telling us this gem. It's the way Mimi tell him not to do something, of course. And it is to get his attention, but not so abruptly that it hurts his feelings and causes him to cry. A delicate balance. Anyway...

Real quick- the week before last, I got to take the kids for a special treat on Thursday morning since they had to do a big Sam's trip with me. Krispy Kreme!



On to the post title- I couldn't post a new blog after the final swim meet because it would have to feature photos- of Libby's new hair cut! And she so wanted to surprise her family with the cut when she arrived for vacation last week.

So, also on Thursday, June 25, we all had hair cuts. Libby had been talking about wanting hers cut short for some time, and we decided together on a bob cut for now. She asked for it, and never swayed for a second from her decision.

Hair today.



Gone... later today!



And she was so right! Isn't it just precious?!


That evening was her last swim meet. She received many compliments on her hair and she borrowed my swim cap for her specialty race this season: the 25-free. She let me know before the meet that she intended to win this one. She wanted a blue ribbon! Well, I think she used up a chunk of her energy during the warm up because I couldn't believe how fast and serious she was about her warm up laps. To get ready for the final race, her coaches brought hair spray for them in our team colors! Libby was really decked out for this meet.


The race didn't bring her the blue ribbon this time, but she has new inspiration for next season!

I also got involved in this one, by surprising Libby with a parent relay race of our own! The opposing team did a lot of smack talk, and challenged the parents to a race. Well, they may have outnumbered us three-to-one in the kids' events and two-to-one in the adult relay, but every leg of our adult AND coaches' relays beat theirs. Yes, I'm kind of proud. I swam third and laid it ALL out there. It was really fun! I thought we'd be swimming a 25 for each leg, but each swimmer did a 50, so that meant a turn! Mine didn't quite work out perfectly, what with zero warm-up or practice before diving in for my lap, but I was still darn fast! I do recall that I could barely pull myself out of the pool at the end of my map and thinking it would be really embarrassing if I was still in the water when our fourth swimmer touched to end the race. So I gathered what strength I had left and hauled myself out.

And then I snapped a selfie with my swimmer girl to commemorate the occasion.


That Friday night was the team party, and it was a lot of fun. It thundered at first, but really never rained. So the thunder gave us time to eat and get in the awards ceremony before the swimming began. (We didn't get a ton of swimming in, since we had to pack more and get to bed before Saturday's big drive.)

But Libby was awarded for her hard work this season and a nice time was had by all!


Next up... Folly 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment