Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby Shower at Home

Last Sunday, my dear friends and family threw me a baby shower - at my house, so that our friends and family could see our precious nursery (thanks to Brooke for the idea)!  However, we're still waiting on a chest of drawers and a rug - and the curtains are being 'touched up' - so you'll have to wait to see photos of the nursery a little longer.  But it's really just about finished and I'm so proud of it! 

Check out this awesome literary-themed diaper cake!  Those books are "the Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," two of my favorites growing up.  The cake also featured two caterpillar toys and a cute and super soft monkey stuffed animal!


We had a great time - including with the special game where guests got to create what the baby would look like, based on a photo of Michael and me.  Nancy won this game and Lauren won the game where you couldn't say 'baby!'





Of course, there were fun gifts to open- with a little help from Oliver!


And all of the lovely hostesses, except Aunt Toni who was kind enough to sadly miss it because of sick family members...  Hope to see you this weekend, though!


And Mema & Boobus got to visit for a little while, too.


2 comments:

  1. I want to see the winning pic of baby Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the best diaper cake I've ever seen! I love the literary theme!!

    ReplyDelete