Friday, October 16, 2009

Is There a Doctor in the House?

Good news!  I haven't heard anything negative from the doctor's office about the glucose test, and they said if I hadn't heard from them by the end of the day on Thursday, then all was well and I wouldn't have to come in for any additional glucose/prenatal diabetes tests. 

One of the less fun, but very important things left on our 'to do' list that must be compeleted without a doubt before Baby G arrives to grace us with his or her presence, is to find a suitable doctor.  I got four meetings, either one-on-one or "meet & greet" interviews with pediatricians scheduled today to occur starting next Tuesday and continuing over the next several weeks.  It's amazing that you get to do this at all, but now that I'm spoiled by a couple of one-on-one meetings, the "meet & greet" idea seems kind of funny.  I do realize these doctors are busy with actual children - many of them sick, but the ones more generous with their time for new parents are getting extra credit in my mind.  For someone who works in and deals with the media, I'm not great with asking a lot of questions though, so I'm thinking the "meet & greets" might be helpful in that way to hear the questions other folks have that maybe I haven't even considered. 

I had a couple of good recommendations - but a special shout out to Mandy for giving me some other doctors to check out, too.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a nice weekend ahead - with lots of warm clothes to cozy up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment