Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Catching Up & Commissioner's Birthday

Baby G and I had another great check up today.  I was at the doctor's office for awhile, as I got to do the glucose test to check for prenatal diabetes.  Test results should be in by Thursday, and I certainly hope that I pass!  Another big step this week is that I now get to go to for a visit every other week for a check up.  Fun times - and a definite reality check that we're getting closer and closer to Baby G's arrival!

You know, I used to think I might get tired of people asking me when I was due by this point - but I'm not!  I have to say I love thinking about when Baby G will get here and and very much looking forward to the day.  Even though I don't truly know what we're in for...
Yesterday, Michael's co-workers had a baby shower for us at lunch time at one of my favorite spots - La Paz!  We had a great time and I loved seeing Michael open the presents.  It's nice that he got to be involved in at least one shower (even though he said he had no interest in having a co-ed shower for us). 

Another fun and important event yesterday was Commissioner's Birthday celebration!  She turned 4!  She got some special liver treats, courtesy of Aunt Marsha and yummy fresh real steak and juice on her regular dinner from Grandpa.  She loved it, of course! 

And because traveling is about to take up even more room in the car with Baby G, and since baby is getting a pretty new room - Commissioner got one, too!  Okay, it IS smaller than her old one, by a good bit, but it's much better for travel and lighter to lift.  So far, she loves it!  She also got a fun steak squeaky toy that she destroyed in no time - her favorite thing to do!



Commissioner is showing you that she's four!

1 comment:

  1. Happy that all is going well!
    Happy Birthday to our sweet Commissioner...I can't believe it's been 4 year, she is so little..the again, I can't believe it has ONLY been 4 years...it seems like she has been around forever and can't imagine things without her...:o)
    Love Marmena

    ReplyDelete