Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet Berry Baby

As a side note to my last entry, I realize that Libby's waking time in Charleston really was not all that early (except that it was vacation.)  But I have apparently become ultra high-maintenance when it comes to sleep, despite the fact that I seem to need plenty of it to function properly.  So sleeping in a different bed, with a dog and my child in the room made long periods of sleep a challenge for me.

Anyway, we arrived in Charleston on Friday afternoon and got to see and play with Maggie, Matt, Katie and their dogs.  And by 8:30 a.m. (or so?) on Saturday morning, we were all loading up the cars to go strawberry and blueberry picking on Wadmalaw Island!  I was excited to take my baby girl on this fun adventure and figured that she would pick up the concept pretty quickly.  She did!  And it's nice that strawberries are just the right height for a baby.  I don't think her back hurt as much as mine did!




Her favorite part was tossing the berries into the bucket!


But the best part of the blueberry picking...
was the EATING!




Isn't she just precious?!  Even when she doesn't want to pose for photos!


Fun times and we can't wait for more!  Blueberry season is just beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment