Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She may look like her Daddy...

but she's so much like her Mommy.  Or at least her temper, patience level and need for sleep.  Michael can lose his patience and he needs sleep, too - so I guess she didn't really have a chance - but not the way that I do.  And Miss B is just like me.

I see it smack in my face, every day.  So I'm working hard to work on my patience level and temper, for all of our sakes.

She is one tired girl after last weekend's momentous-ness, though.  While we were in Charleston, Libby, Michael, Commissioner and I shared a room.  We tried to get Commissioner to sleep in her crate in another room, but the only place she'll do that other than home, is at her grandparents' houses.  We're going to attempt a solution before our next big vacation in a new place (with a trip to the vet tomorrow morning to help this along.)

Well obviously sleeping in the same room as your parents is pretty exciting!  Once you begin your wake-up process around 6:15 a.m.-ish (even when you normally don't call for anyone until between 7:10 a.m. and 7:20 a.m. at home), it's hard to be patient about getting up and beginning your day when Mommy and Daddy are RIGHT THERE!  Thank goodness for my wonderful husband.  He got up with her, got her the milk she starts begging for immediately upon waking, and took Libby and Commissioner for a walk at least two of the mornings (they start to run together I think?)  I went back to bed for a bit.

But we had such BIG times!  Strawberry and blueberry picking, a trip to the beach, playing with Maggie, the dogs and in the baby pool in the back yard.  And Libby took a BIG nap or two.  And was an angel who did a LOT of napping on the way home.  AND woke up just in time to manage to get to eat lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Augusta- Vallarta's!

Here's a shot of Libby and Maggie on Monday morning before we left...


Her schedule is a bit bizarre this week, but fortunately we haven't had a lot of scheduled plans, so we can be as flexible as needed!

More on Charleston to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment